Creative Painting: Woodgraining
Class Date: Saturday, April 11th, 9:30am to 6pm
*Class fee is non-refundable and must be paid in full
before the posted class date.
Each student will learn the basics of the English style of woodgraining. Steve will teach each student all of the elements, step by step, in the process of the artform. Each student will complete samples to share with friends and clients.
Below is a breakdown of what will be covered in the class:
· History of woodgraining
· Color theory for woodgrains
· Use of specialized tools from England
· Theory of layering colors as it pertains to wood
· How to break down wood for replication process
· Reducing and eliminating MOA’S (method of applications)
· Isolation coats, what are they and when to use them
· Glazes, what works best for you
· Spraying artwork where applicable
· Woodgraining terms
Note: Each student will finish 4 samples of wood for each class at a
minimum. Possible bonus boards (finishes) will be trained if time permits.
Each student will receive a recipe workbook for notes
All tools used will be available for purchase from Robyn Story Designs
- Breakfast and Lunch Provided
- Local Accomodations Available! Contact Robyn Story Designs
at 813-931-9307 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details and reservations.